HSE Business Partner | Sydney
|Permanent Full Time
|No File Attached
|Application Close Date:
- Ermington based with travel to Central Coast NSW
- Amazing Opportunities for career growth & development
- Close relationship & teamwork culture
We are seeking a passionate and hands on HSE Business Partner for our Chilled & Frozen division to be based at our Ermington site with regular travel to our site on the Central Coast, NSW. Reporting to the Regional HSE Manager – Chilled & Frozen, the HSE Business Partner will coach and lead the business at two sites providing technical and practical HSE support by partnering with our leaders and managing risk to continually reduce harm to people and the environment.
The HSE team is responsible for supporting the business to achieve great safety standards, to implement initiatives that drive best practice risk management, and for creating a strong safety culture.
Purpose of the Role
- Developing leaders' HSE capability by partnering, coaching, and supporting them in the management of their people safety culture and risk reduction programs
- Provide thought leadership and direction in managing risk at Ermington and Charmhaven as well as supporting teams to develop plans to manage risk across core threat to life areas
- Monitor, analyse and report on Injury and incident data and ensure insights are acted on
- Ensure compliance across the Ermington and Charmhaven operations for HSE and Workers Compensation Acts, legislation and regulation, codes of practice and applicable Australian standards
- Provide expert advice, support and coaching to leaders and people (at all levels) to drive improved risk management practices, meet performance targets across the sites, and maintain adherence to Group audit criteria, policies and procedures
- Provide guidance and support to site teams to actively reduce the environmental impact through collection of environmental data
- Oversee the effective implementation of the injury management program
- Provide expert advice and support to leaders with workers compensation and return to work (RTW) plans, taking responsibility for claims files and reviews, RTW plans and related communications
- Provide support to Regional HSE Manager with data and reporting as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a HSE role within a site based or high-risk capacity environment
- Food manufacturing/FMCG industry experience will be highly regarded
- Tertiary Qualification in Health and Safety, Allied Health, Occupational Hygiene or Environmental Sciences preferred
- Exceptional communications skills with experience of engaging effectively across a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to prioritise tasks in a dynamic and fast paced environment with a high level of resilience
We are Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products. Chances are that one of our iconic brands is sitting on your table, packed in your lunchbox or resting in your pantry right now, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel.
Join the team and be part of one of our iconic brands like Tip Top, Abbotts Bakery, Bürgen and Golden.
Working with Tip Top, we offer many benefits including:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Recognition Program
- Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Study Assistance
- Learning & Development courses and programs for your career
- Novated Lease
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Paid volunteer days
- Employee discounts on Dell & Microsoft products
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button
During the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening tests which include a criminal record check.
At Tip Top we strive to create a place where Everyone belongs, Everyone is valued, and Everyone has equal opportunity.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
So we can get to know you in the best possible way, we're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs. Let us know your needs in providing a positive, barrier-free recruitment process via phone on 02 9168 4260 or email to email@example.com
GWF has a duty of care and a legal responsibility to promote, monitor and maintain a safe working environment for the protection of all of our people in our workplaces. As per our GWF Workplace COVID-19 Safety and Vaccination Policy we strongly encourage all new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless exempt, and note that some roles are subject to customer mandates in relation to COVID-19 vaccination.