Production Operator | Sydney
|MAURI Supply Chain Ops
|Permanent Full Time
|No File Attached
|Application Close Date:
MAURI, a division of George Weston Foods (GWF), is a leading producer of yeast and yeast extracts for the food industry, providing our customers with high-quality products that meet all their needs.
We're looking for a Production Operator (Food Manufacturing) to join our team in Camellia and help us maintain our high standards of production and quality. The role will function on a two-week rotating roster with shift timings including Day Shift (6am-2pm), Afternoon Shift (2pm - 10pm) and Night Shift (10pm - 6am) with the Afternoon and Night Shift including extra pay loading.
What's on offer at MAURI?
- A culture that strives to be Safe, Courageous, Trusting, and Collaborative, in line with our values
- Attractive remuneration package, including a shift loading for afternoon and night shifts.
- Access to a range of employee benefits, including discounts to over 500 retailers!
- Personal development and skill development programs, and a culture to foster your long-term career with George Weston Foods
- An equal opportunities employer who believes in embracing diversity
- Preparing raw materials for production runs
- Operate and monitor production machinery and equipment
- Monitor and maintain product quality through adherence to recipe specifications, cleaning and sanitization procedures
- Maintain production, quality and safety records
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Working in a team environment to ensure products are manufactured to meet customer needs, production targets and deadlines
- Highly attentive to detail and commitment to quality control
- Solid literacy and numeracy skills - able to complete production documentation and calculate recipe amounts
- Ability to work on a rotating shift pattern, Monday – Friday, with the opportunity for occasional weekend work
- Has a high level of physical fitness to perform manual handling tasks and able to lift 25kgs
- Forklift licence, or willingness to obtain
- Previous experience as a Production Operator in a food manufacturing environment (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience operating automated production machinery (desirable)
The most important attribute is a positive attitude and a strong work ethic, as these qualities are paramount to success in this role. This is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable and growing business that fosters a supportive and dynamic work environment with opportunities for career progression.
Start the conversation
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to hear from you. Submit your application today.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disabilities.