Maintenance Fitter | Sydney
|Engineering and Maintenance
|Permanent Full Time
|No File Attached
|Application Close Date:
As a leading supplier of bakery ingredient solutions across Australia and New Zealand, MAURI offers a comprehensive portfolio of high-quality flours, yeasts, pre-mixes, improvers and Agri solutions under our trusted brands Weston Milling, Mauri and Cereform.
With a strong focus on innovation and insights, we align closely with our customers that create the products enjoyed by millions of consumers each day as they connect and share with each other. If you share our passion for food, baking and Agri solutions, MAURI can develop your career in this diverse, dynamic and vibrant industry.
We are currently looking for an experienced and qualified Maintenance Fitter for our Enfield site.
Reporting to the site Maintenance Manager, Your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out daily servicing, repairs and maintenance of plant and equipment as scheduled and planned by the Maintenance Planner
- Use the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), currently Mex to record history, book hours, spares usage and close out work orders
- Be actively involved in plant improvements and projects
- Work safely by having a pro-active safety attitude, applying awareness, risk assessment practices and following company processes such as LOTO, permits, etc.
- Carry out planned maintenance as scheduled by the Site Maintenance Planner using sound engineering practices and experience gained in a manufacturing facility
- Work with and assist other team members as required, particularly when the work requires two people, fabrication (hot work) or heavy duty mechanical skills
- Timely response to all breakdown calls during the shift, able to evaluate the cause and implement the best solution to rectify the breakdown. Must be able to work well with production staff and peers to prioritise actions and implement solutions.
- Carry out minor electrical tasks i.e. disconnects - reconnects, resets, in line with relevant electrical qualifications, if applicable
To be successful in this role, You will be required to possess:
- A Fitter and Turner Qualification
- Restricted Electrical licence (Desirable)
- Experience maintaining Feed Milling and Flour Milling equipment, Food manufacturing environment, or FMCG
- Experience using CMMS
- Strong communication skills with an all-inclusive approach to dealing with peers and operations personnel at all levels in the business
- Pneumatic transfer systems
- Fabrication in a processing environment
- Confined space training and experience
What's in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rate
- A culture that is Safe, Courageous, Collaborative and Trusting, in line with our values
- Opportunity to join a team of established experts.
- Ongoing learning and development
- Career opportunities within George Weston Foods and Associated British Foods
- Genuine commitment to safety and wellbeing, including access to our Employee Assistance Program with Benestar
- Discounted private healthcare and preferential hotel rates across Australia and New Zealand
At GWF, we are passionate about our brands and live by our values, Safe, Courageous, Trusting and Collaborative. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button.