Maintenance Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jul-2022|
- Become an integral part of the leadership team
- Work for a thriving and Rapidly Growing Australian business
- Be involved with leading and shaping Maintenance culture and engagement on site
This position is to provide effective management of the maintenance services Chullora site which is the largest of our Tip Top Bakeries.
Key remits are identifying and managing asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant operations and ensuring continuity of production.
The successful applicant will have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability
to drive engagement and a culture of continuous improvement. This role is a crucial member of our site management team and will play a major part in driving our agenda of operational excellence, cost reduction and increased productivity.
Purpose of the Role
- Provide the leadership, structure and resources to improve safety and engagement to best in class levels
- Promote, lead and actively support all continuous improvement programs
- Provide the day-to-day operational leadership for trade's personnel ensuring good communication is maintained
- Promote an open, flexible work environment while complying with all company policies and procedures
- Using lean manufacturing principles actively focused on plant operation to meet or exceed line efficiency and performance targets
- Drive performance, accountability and engagement within Maintenance services with a key focus on building capability
- Ensure food safety and quality requirements are adhered to
- Deliver R&M costs to budgeted figures
- Support best practice asset Reliability Systems and support to the Maintenance Teams.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, continuously review systems and processes to improve key operational efficiency measures
- Drive continuous improvement through the CI programme including RCAs and PDP projects
- Lead the Maintenance Trades to ensure high quality plant and equipment maintenance services are provided to the site
- Support production and site activities to optimise productivity and minimise downtime
- Plan all maintenance work to align with plant and resource availability
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum 5 years' experience as maintenance Manager or similar role
- Mechanical, electrical trade or engineering background
- Demonstrated strong people leadership skills
- Strong ability to build effective internal and external working relationships at all levels
- Effective communication and influencing capability
- Strong safety mindset in all facets of work
- Demonstrated analytical capability and an ability to effectively problem solve
- Role model our values SAFE, COURAGEOUS, TRUSTING and COLLABORATIVE
We are Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products. Chances are that one of our iconic brands is sitting on your table, packed in your lunchbox or resting in your pantry right now, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel.
Join the team and be part of one of our iconic brands like Tip Top, Abbotts Bakery, Bürgen and Golden.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button or please feel free to contact Mani Ranasinghe at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
During the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening tests which include a criminal record check.
GWF has a duty of care and a legal responsibility to promote, monitor and maintain a safe working environment for the protection of all of our people in our workplaces. As per our GWF Workplace COVID-19 Safety and Vaccination Policy we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless exempt in accordance with our policy.