Machine Operator | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Jul-2022|
MAURI, part of the George Weston Foods Group, is a leading supplier of high-quality flours, yeasts, pre-mixes, improvers, and grains. We believe in baking, its wholesome goodness, and how it brings people together, and that's why every day we work, through insight and innovation, to provide quality products to help bakers across Australia and New Zealand.
About the Role
Due to some exciting upcoming expansion on our site, we are looking for Machine Operators (Food Manufacturing) to be part of the Yeast Production Team in Camellia, Sydney. This is an excellent opportunity to build on your current skill set in a fast-paced but stable environment.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Operating machinery safely and efficiently, according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Quality checking of product
- Maintenance and cleaning of machinery
- Manual handling of raw materials
- Palletising and transport of finished goods into warehouse
Please note this position will be on a rotating shift basis covering a 24/5 schedule. The shift times are 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am, rotating every two weeks. A generous shift loading allowance is paid for the afternoon and night shifts. Additionally, there is occasional weekend work overtime available.
The experience and skills listed below are desirable. However, we are always on the search for ambitious, career-driven, and dedicated team members who are looking to create a positive and lasting impact
- Experience in food manufacturing, ingredient preparation and processing machinery
- A desire to increase your knowledge and skill by learning a new manufacturing process and flexible approach with a positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- A mechanical background and computer proficiency would be highly desirable
The most important quality is a good work ethic and attitude.
What's on offer at MAURI?
- A Safe, Courageous, Trusting, and Collaborative culture, in line with our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Employee benefits including preferential Hotel rates across Australia and New Zealand and discounted private healthcare
- Personal development and skill development programs, and a supportive environment in which to build a long-term career with George Weston Foods
- An equal opportunity employer who believes in embracing diversity
- A social work environment in a tight-knit team, with staff lunches every month
Start the conversation
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to hear from you. Submit your application today!
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disabilities.
Our recruitment process typically consists of a brief, prearranged telephone interview, followed by 1-2 face-to-face or virtual interviews. However, we want to get to know you in the best possible way so we're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs. Let us know your needs in providing a positive, barrier-free recruitment process via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GWF has a duty of care and a legal responsibility to promote, monitor and maintain a safe working environment for the protection of all of our people in our workplaces. As per our GWF Workplace COVID-19 Safety and Vaccination Policy we require all new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless exempt in accordance with our policy. Thank you for your understanding.