Maintenance Manager - Chullora | Sydney
|Category:||Engineering and Maintenance|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Oct-2020|
At Tip Top our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that we are the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. Across our organisation, we're creating a workplace where collaboration is important, courage is rewarded, trust is expected, and a strong safety mindset is the norm.
We are Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products, producing a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery.
About the role
The primary purpose of this position is to provide effective management of the maintenance services at the Chullora site of Tip Top Bakeries. Key remits are identifying and managing asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant operations and ensuring continuity of production.
The successful applicant will have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to drive engagement and a culture of continuous improvement. This role is a crucial member of our site management team and will play a major part in driving our agenda of operational excellence, cost reduction and increased productivity.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide the leadership, structure and resources to improve safety and engagement to best in class levels
- Promote, lead and actively support all continuous improvement programs
- Provide the day-to-day operational leadership for trade's personnel ensuring good communication is maintained
- Promote an open, flexible work environment while complying with all company policies and procedures
- Using lean manufacturing principles actively focused on plant operation to meet or exceed line efficiency and performance targets
- Drive performance, accountability and engagement within Maintenance services with a key focus on building capability
- Ensure food safety and quality requirements are adhered to
- Deliver R&M costs to budgeted figures
- Support best practice asset Reliability Systems and support to the Maintenance Teams.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, continuously review systems and processes to improve key operational efficiency measures
- Drive continuous improvement through the CI programme including RCAs and PDP projects
- Lead the Maintenance Trades to ensure high quality plant and equipment maintenance services are provided to the site
- Support production and site activities to optimise productivity and minimise downtime
- Plan all maintenance work to align with plant and resource availability
- A minimum 5 years' experience as maintenance Manager or similar role
- Mechanical, electrical trade or engineering background
- Demonstrated strong people leadership skills
- Strong ability to build effective internal and external working relationships at all levels
- Effective communication and influencing capability
- Strong safety mindset in all facets of work
- Demonstrated analytical capability and an ability to effectively problem solve
- Role model our values SAFE, COURAGEOUS, TRUSTING and COLLABORATIVE
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button or please feel free to contact Saul Bunton on 02 9168 4431 for a confidential discussion.
Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests. During the recruitment process you may be required to complete Security Assessment Forms that allow consent for GWF to perform a medical test and background check which may also include a criminal record check.