Maintenance Fitter | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Oct-2019|
As a leading supplier of bakery ingredient solutions across Australia and New Zealand, MAURI offers a comprehensive portfolio of high-quality flours, yeasts, pre-mixes, improvers and Agri solutions under our trusted brands Weston Milling, Mauri and Cereform.
With a strong focus on innovation and insights, we align closely with our customers that create the products enjoyed by millions of consumers each day as they connect and share with each other. If you share our passion for food, baking and Agri solutions, MAURI can develop your career in this diverse, dynamic and vibrant industry.
We are currently looking for an experienced and qualified Maintenance Fitter for our Enfield site.
Reporting to the site Maintenance Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out daily servicing, repairs and maintenance of plant and equipment as scheduled and planned by the Maintenance Planner.
- Use the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), currently Mex to record history, book hours, spares usage and close out work orders.
- Be actively involved in plant improvements and projects.
- Work safely by having a pro-active safety attitude in all actions performed. This will be gained by applying awareness, sound risk assessment practices and the use of company processes and documents such as but not limited to LOTO, confined space permit, working at heights permit, etc.
- Carry out planned maintenance as scheduled by the Site Maintenance Planner using sound engineering practices and experience gained in a manufacturing facility.
- To work with and assist the other Team members as and when required. Particularly when the work being carried out either requires two people, fabrication (hot work) or heavy duty mechanical skills.
- Timely response to all breakdown calls during the shift, use high level fault finding skills to evaluate the cause of the breakdown and implement the best solution to rectify the breakdown. This will require the ability to work and communicate with production staff as well as their peers to prioritise actions and implement solutions.
- Carry out minor electrical tasks i.e. disconnects - reconnects, resets, etc. in line with relevant electrical qualifications, if applicable.
- A Fitter and Turner Qualification
- Restricted Electrical licence (Desirable)
- Experience in maintaining Feed Milling and Flour Milling equipment, Food manufacturing environment, or FMCG.
- Strong communication skills with an all-inclusive approach to dealing with both peers and operations personnel at all levels in the business.
- Experience of using CMMS
- Pneumatic transfer systems
- Fabrication in a processing environment
- Confined space training and experience
At GWF, we are passionate about our brands and live by our values, Safe, Courageous, Trusting and Collaborative. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button.