Senior Data Scientist | Advance Analytics | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Sep-2019|
GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers employing around 6,000 people across 60 sites. GWF's product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, smallgoods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF's four business units include: Tip Top, Don, Mauri and Jasol.
Operating across many growth markets, GWF is in a prime position to leverage its diverse range of businesses. To extract maximum value, these ambitious plans require significant uplift in leadership and organizational capabilities, underpinned by a high-performance culture.
About the role
GWF has implemented a state-of-the-art Business Analytics & Intelligence platform supporting GWF businesses. This strategic initiative will assist in driving business productivity and efficiency across GWF by ensuring that our people have the right information at the right time to make better quality decisions.
The purpose of this position is to work with and support the businesses to develop and mature their Advance Analytical capabilities by introducing, developing and maintaining predictive models and machine learning.
The role will work with business stakeholders to design, build and support the production of predictive data models and analysis. Meeting business requirements and provide high value is critical to this role's success.
- At least 3+ year's hands-on experience in building and maintaining predictive models using Python or R.
- Minimum 3+ years Python/R scripting experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years demonstrated hands-on working experience as a Data Scientist building Predictive Models/Deep-Learning with complex/large datasets.
- At least 2 years + hands-on experience using AWS (Sage-Maker).
- Work with the Data modeller to productionise Predictive models.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and analyse user requirements Stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to mix professionally and build effective relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Brand new role
- Opportunity to scope and make the role your own
- Greenfields site
- Multiple facets of business problems
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button or please feel free to contact Emma Findlay on 0439 336 225 for a confidential discussion.
Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests. During the recruitment process you may be required to complete Security Assessment Forms that allow consent for GWF to perform a medical test and background check which may also include a criminal record check.