Quality Assurance Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2019|
Tip Top Bakeries is currently seeking applications for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our NSW team based at Chullora. Reporting to the Regional Quality and Compliance Manager (North/East), the primary purpose of this role is to manage the Food Safety and Quality performance of the site, provide leadership and ensure production of safe and legal product.
Key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Ensuring site compliance to company policies, external/customer standards and legislation
- Maintaining customer and consumer relationships through proactive handling of feedback
- Promote and actively support all continuous improvement programs and best practice standards
- Adopt best business practice in all facets of the day to day quality including those requiring a cross functional interdepartmental focus
- Foster industry best practices at the site to capture opportunities for plant and process continuous improvement
- Providing a safe environment for the Quality team to perform and act in a safe and responsible manner, attend safety meetings and training, reports hazards in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with other QA teams in the region by providing support and assistance
- Drive performance improvement through coordination of an internal audit program and corrective action process
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders both internal and external
- Managing issues with raw material / third party suppliers at site level
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Food technology / Micro / Food Science / Engineering or other relevant technical qualifications.
- 5+ years Industry experience and working knowledge, preferably in food manufacturing preferably FMCG.
- Experience and ability to perform effectively in a Quality & Technical function whilst supporting site operational teams.
- Previous experience with HACCP, GFSI (BRC) Customer Requirements (Coles & Woolworth), Aldi and QSR standards.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Preferably with experience in building a quality culture within the team and stakeholders
- Highly skilled and adaptable in managing conflicting deadlines and priorities on the run; and
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This position will be a key member of the site management team, and will drive Food Safety and Quality improvements as well as providing support for major capital projects, new product development and national project/initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established food manufacturing business and work with a diversity of products manufactured at our site. Safety is very important in our work place and we provide a safe, hygienic environment and also ensure that we provide safe food and quality products to our customers at all times.
At GWF, we value ambition, accountability and collaboration. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to ‘Be Yourself – at your best'.