Maintenance Supervisor - Day Shift | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Mar-2019|
The primary purpose of this position is to provide effective supervision of maintenance activities at the Chullora site of Tip Top Bakeries. This will involve the utilisation of the maintenance team to plan, coordinate and execute engineering and maintenance tasks. Key responsibilities will include ensuring that while utilising the available resources, effective decisions are made and executed to minimise equipment downtime and maximise resource utilisation by focusing on individual performance improvement and capability building.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful applicant will be required to work closely with the Engineering Leadership team to identify improvements to achieve machine reliability and improved site performance. At Tip Top, Safety is at the heart of everything that we do and therefore, an integral part of this role will involve maintaining compliance with all health and safety requirements, directions and work in accordance with the company quality systems, policies and procedures.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Drive Engineering Best Practices, ensuring maximised plant availability to meet the requirements of the business and our customers.
- Drive performance, accountability and engagement within the Maintenance Team with a key focus on building capability.
- Participate in all R&M and agreed capital projects to deliver on time and within budget.
- Implement and support the best practice Asset Reliability Systems
- In conjunction with the leadership team, continuously review systems and processes to improve key operational efficiency measures.
- Drive continuous improvement through the CI programme including RCAs and PDP projects.
- Lead the Maintenance Trades to ensure high quality maintenance services are provided to plant and equipment in a timely manner.
- Support production and site activities to optimise productivity and minimise downtime.
- Ensure execution of planned maintenance works aligned with plant and resource availability.
- Provide the Maintenance Team with leadership, support and on the job training.
- Demonstrated strong people leadership skills
- A minimum 5 years' experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- Mechanical or electrical trade or engineering and manufacturing background
- Strong ability to build effective internal and external working relationships at all levels
- Effective communication and influencing capability
- Strong safety mindset in all facets of work
- Demonstrated analytical capability and an ability to effectively problem solve
At GWF, we value accountability, ambition, and collaboration. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best'.
Tip Top is a business division of GWF. Our 4,500 people work in a broad range of marketing, sales, operations, finance and human resources positions across Australia and New Zealand. Tip Top® is Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products, producing a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Tip Top The One, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery in Australia, and Tip Top Bakery SuperSoft, Big Ben and Ploughman's Bakery in New Zealand.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button or please feel free to contact Emma Findlay on 0439 336 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests. During the recruitment process you may be required to complete Security Assessment Forms that allow consent for GWF to perform a medical test and background check which may also include a criminal record check.