Distribution Supervisor | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jun-2019|
The primary purpose of this position is to lead shift activities within distribution. These include ensuring all trucks (both feeder and DSD) leave on time, maintaining operation and performance of drivers and distributors, complying with all health and safety requirements, and working in accordance with the company quality system. The role also needs to ensure good communication is maintained with staff and work with all other departments such as warehouse.
Working in a dynamic environment, this position will make necessary changes in line with customers and company requirements to ensure the safe delivery in full to the market. As a people leader, this role will manage staff performance and work with P&P on disciplinary procedures, create a safe and enjoyable work place and lead, coach and develop, helping people to build a carrier here.
This role will require an individual who can be flexible and work to a roster pattern that suits the team and evolving business requirements.
- Demonstrate constructive leadership, building a team of accountable people who can deliver the business goals
- Role model the GWF behaviours, coach and proactively manage performance of the team
- Drive team engagement and provide energy
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership
- Create an environment that encourages personal growth and development opportunities
- Positively manage change – and make change stick
- Provide the leadership, structure, resources to improve HSE and engagement to best in class levels
- Lead team to comply with all Company and Legislative HSE policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment that does not tolerate unsafe behaviours or acts
- Ensure compliance with the Company's HSE policies and procedures and ensure their area of responsibility complies
- Understands and applies role specific HSE accountabilities according to the GWF-HSE-PR-01-01 Responsibility & Authority available in The Zone
- Manage day to day operations in the distribution team as per Chain of Responsibility legislation.
- Ensure fleet is maintained as per requirements to maintain reliability and compliance with CoR legislation
- Demonstrated effectiveness in team engagement, cultural change and process improvement
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to mix professionally and build effective relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Able to provide insight and quickly identify a way forward when presented with issues
- Proven experience identifying and deploying process improvements
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to quickly engage with change
At GWF, we value accountability, ambition, and collaboration. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best'.
Tip Top is a business division of GWF. Our 4,500 people work in a broad range of marketing, sales, operations, finance and human resources positions across Australia and New Zealand. Tip Top® is Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products, producing a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Tip Top The One, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery in Australia, and Tip Top Bakery SuperSoft, Big Ben and Ploughman's Bakery in New Zealand.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button or please feel free to contact Emma Findlay on 0439 336 225 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion. Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests. During the recruitment process you may be required to complete Security Assessment Forms that allow consent for GWF to perform a medical test and background check which may also include a criminal record check.