Regional Food Safety & Quality Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2019|
This role is responsible for providing leadership to the Quality team and Cake Chilled and Frozen (CCF) sites in driving a strong Food Safety & Quality Culture shift across our business. This role will play a pivotal role in ensuring that food safety and quality standards are maintained.
This position will lead food safety and quality innovation through the effective implementation and management of Food Safety & Quality policies, systems and procedures, Food Safety Management programs, Quality systems, Product Quality and a National Product Development Program.
With a strong customer focus this position will proactively seek to address customer feedback and continue to build and maintain strong relationships.
The role will also lead and contribute to review, development and implementation of national, regional and site quality improvement frameworks and procedures and technical initiatives.
The successful candidate in this position will be a key member of the Southern and Western Operations leadership teams as well as supporting the Head of Quality, Technical & Regulatory Affairs ANZ to drive, develop, and implement Tip Top's strategic initiatives including Tip Top's Food Safety and Quality Culture Transformation initiatives.
- Tertiary Qualifications or Post Graduate level in related Food Science, Microbiology or Equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of food manufacturing process /industry
- Varied food industry experience (ideally 10+ years), preferably multiple sites
- Track record of instigating Food Safety & Quality Culture change.
- Track record of successful implementation of Quality Management Systems and equivalent
- Discipline in Food Safety, Quality Management (BRC/SQF, Coles, WQA, YUM, HACCP, Hungry Jack's Standards and equivalents). Conversant to industry standards/requirements and conversant with Regulatory Bodies (Health Authorities – State/National etc)
- Demonstrated effectiveness in team engagement, cultural change and process improvement
- Experience in leading large teams across multiple sites
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to mix professionally and build effective relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to effectively communicate/work with customers at various levels (e.g. Coles, Woolworths, Foodservice)
- Proven experience identifying and deploying process improvements
- Computer literacy and competencies (data based systems)
- Self-starter, motivated and organised
GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers employing around 6,500 people across 60 sites. GWF's product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, smallgoods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF's four business units include: Tip Top, DonKRC, Weston Milling and Jasol.
GWF is a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc (ABF), one of the world leading food companies. ABF operates in four categories: grocery; primary food agriculture; ingredients; and retail. It has a global turnover of circa £8.2 billion with 96,000 employees and operations in Europe, North America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
Operating across many growth markets, GWF is in a prime position to leverage its diverse range of businesses. To extract maximum value, the CEO & leadership team are transforming the company through an aggressive growth strategy which includes a critical business ‘turnaround' across all GWF's business divisions. These ambitious plans require significant uplift in leadership and organisational capabilities, underpinned by a high performance culture.
Tip Top is a business division of GWF. Our 4,500 people work in a broad range of marketing, sales, operations, finance and human resources positions across Australia and New Zealand. Tip Top® is Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products, producing a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Tip Top The One, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery in Australia, and Tip Top Bakery SuperSoft, Big Ben and Ploughman's Bakery in New Zealand.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button or please feel free to contact Emma Findlay on 0439 336 225 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests. During the recruitment process you may be required to complete Security Assessment Forms that allow consent for GWF to perform a medical test and background check which may also include a criminal record check.