Assistant Brand Manager - Packaged Bread | Sydney
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Feb-2019|
As the Assistant Brand Manager of the Packaged Bread portfolio you will effectively partner with the Senior Brand Manager – Packaged Bread to support the portfolio and implement successful marketing strategies and brand plans for the Abbott's Village Bakery and Bürgen brands in line with the strategic plan for the Tip Top business to deliver strong brand growth.
Abbott's Village Bakery and Bürgen are two of the four power brands and are very important to the future growth of the Packaged Bread portfolio.
You will be responsible for
- Supporting the development of strategy and marketing plans for Abbott's Village Bakery and Bürgen.
- Delivery of the specified marketing activation plans for Abbott's Village Bakery & Bürgen portfolio in line with strategy.
- Drive and lead the digital strategy, activation and content for the premium portfolio
- Lead innovation and product development projects within the premium portfolio in accordance with marketing strategies and budgets, including working with cross-functional teams.
- Contribute as required to the company's Integrated Business Planning process, providing the necessary inputs to meetings.
- Build relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external agencies to optimise plan delivery.
- Monitor brand, competitor and market performance across the premium portfolio. Proactively make the recommendations where required.
- Strong knowledge of market performance and understanding of premium brands, engaging the company, agencies and partners in the delivery of growth.
- Management of brand budgets for the premium portfolio.
- Management of Purchase Orders for the premium bread portfolio.
- Adhoc admin and analysis/reporting as requested.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Commerce or similar with a marketing focus.
- Pro-actively initiating solution and activity ideas, then taking the initiatives to implement plans.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with agency partners, internal stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to generate consumer insights from research and apply it to discussion and reports.
- Ability to think outside the square.
- Develop an understanding of business financials.
- Analytical skills and a level competency using Aztec and/or other analytical resources to analyse brand performance and health.
- Enthusiastic and passionate, championing the premium brands throughout the business
Tip Top is a business division of GWF. Our 4,500 people work in a broad range of marketing, sales, operations, finance and human resources positions across Australia and New Zealand. Tip Top® is Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products, producing a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Tip Top The One, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery in Australia, and Tip Top Bakery SuperSoft, Big Ben and Ploughman's Bakery in New Zealand.
At GWF, we value accountability, ambition, and collaboration. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best'.
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button or please feel free to give Emma Findlay a call on 02 9168 4392 for a confidential discussion.
Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests. During the recruitment process you may be required to complete Security Assessment Forms that allow consent for GWF to perform a medical test and background check which may also include a criminal record check.