Innovation Marketing Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Dec-2018|
We are looking for a self-starter with a proven track record of breakthrough strategic and creative thinking. Over the course of your career, you will have developed the ability to reframe and turn possibilities in to commercial reality. You are a passionate leader with a burning curiosity to better and re-imagine the future.
About the role
The Innovation Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading key innovation processes of Discovery and Agile to build prioritised innovation pipelines and identify future opportunities and new growth segments in bakery.
- Developing a deep understanding of consumer needs to determine success criteria and leading cross functional teams through to Gate 3 partnering and aligning stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition to launch execution.
- Building robust, data based proposals to clearly communicate opportunity spaces and constructively challenge to build stronger initiatives and identify information gaps and give confidence for business investment.
- Leverage strong working relationships with Marketing, Insights, Sales, Operations and Finance to build pipelines which reflect business strategy, brand and segment needs.
- Provide strategic leadership support to the Head of Innovation ANZ.
- 10+ years relevant experience within FMCG environments
- Proven track record of success in developing and delivering profitable innovation opportunities against researched trends
- Excellent knowledge of the food industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute multiple projects at a time, meeting deadlines and objectives
- Ability to operate independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to flex between strategic and transactional tasks
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of business financials
- Broad commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to mix professionally and build effective relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Effective presentation skills with degree of confidence
- Demonstrated effectiveness in team engagement
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to quickly engage with change
- Demonstrated ability to influence up and across the organisation.
- Strong strategic agility
- Strong customer focus - demonstrated track record of building strong relationships with external customers to drive desired outcomes
- Self-directed and uses initiative with respect to the identification & research of growth opportunities without specific direction is essential
- Attention to detail
GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers employing around 6,500 people across 60 sites. GWF's product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, smallgoods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF's four business units include: Tip Top, DonKRC, Weston Milling and Jasol.
GWF is a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc (ABF), one of the world leading food companies. ABF operates in four categories: grocery; primary food agriculture; ingredients; and retail. It has a global turnover of circa £8.2 billion with 96,000 employees and operations in Europe, North America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
Operating across many growth markets, GWF is in a prime position to leverage its diverse range of businesses. To extract maximum value, the CEO & leadership team are transforming the company through an aggressive growth strategy which includes a critical business ‘turnaround' across all GWF's business divisions. These ambitious plans require significant uplift in leadership and organisational capabilities, underpinned by a high performance culture.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button or please feel free to contact Emma Findlay on 02 9168 4392 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests. During the recruitment process you may be required to complete Security Assessment Forms that allow consent for GWF to perform a medical test and background check which may also include a criminal record check.
George Weston Foods facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available