Credit Officer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Dec-2018|
George Weston Foods makes some of Australia & New Zealand's favourite & most innovative products, living our core purpose ‘to delight people every day with the food they love!'
GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers employing around 6,900 people across 60 sites. GWF's product range is diverse & includes leading brands of bread & baked goods, smallgoods, flour, milled products, animal feed as well as cleaning & hygiene solutions. GWF's four business units include Tip Top, Don, Mauri ANZ, Yumis & Jasol.
GWF is a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc, one of the world's leading food companies. ABF operates in four categories: grocery, primary food agriculture, ingredients & retail. It has a global turnover of circa £12.8 billion with 118,000 employees and operations in over 40 countries.
Due to a secondment we are Credit Officer to be based at our North Ryde location offered on a 12 month fixed term contract position.
The Business Services team is responsible for financial shared services activity across GWF. This role forms part of the Credit Control team which provides collections and credit management to the Tip Top, Mauri, DonKRC, ABWF and Jasol business in a customer focused manner.
In this role you should be able to offer strong credit control capabilities, an understanding of SAP or similar ERP system, together with good interpersonal skills and analytical and problem solving ability relating to high volume accounts receivable transactions.
- Daily customer contact relating to overdue debt
- Maintain a Debtors Ledger in accordance with GWF Credit Policy
- Credit Risk management of customer sales orders in line with GWF Credit Policy
- Daily cash allocation to related invoices on customer accounts.
- Claims management – distribution to business units for approval/rejection and credit processing
- Referral of accounts for Bad Debt provisions
- Inbound / Outbound phone calls
- Customer contact relating to overdue accounts
- Review Blocked Orders and daily reporting of orders on Block
- Credit risk management
- Monitoring of credit limits
- Reconciliation of Accounts
- Regular contact with Business Units customer service and Sales regarding customer disputes
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or similar discipline desirable
- Credit Control experience
- SAP experiencen and intermediate Excel
- Knowledge of FMCG business highly desirable
- Effective communication skills with the ability to remain positive and calm under pressure
- Fantastic prioritisation skills
- An analytical thinking style
- The ability to collaborate well in order to improve partnership with the business and a great team player!
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration.
We have fabulous brand new refurbed offices which encourage collaboration and offer free products daily!
Please note that all candidates will be required to undergo comprehensive background checking as part of the application process.
If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button.