Warehouse Supervisor | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2018|
At MAURI, we are passionate about ‘baking better together' and creating an authentic workplace where our people are genuinely excited by the role baking plays in Australian food culture and how it brings together Australian families and communities.
As an integral part of the George Weston Foods group (GWF), we are a leading supplier of high quality flours, yeasts, pre-mixes, improvers and grains, milling over one million tonnes of grain across 14 sites in Australia and New Zealand.
Our focus is on innovation and insights; aligning closely with our customers to create the products enjoyed by millions of consumers each day.
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to lead a small team based at Camellia. In this role you will focus on being a hands-on operational leader of the Raw Materials and Finished Goods Warehouses including the Chiller room. You will be responsible for all incoming and outgoing goods and will ensure all warehouse duties are managed by your team.
You will be focused on Safety and the efficient and cost-effective movement of product from sites to point of destination either locally or inter-state. In addition, you will have the ability to continuously make decisions regarding daily work priorities, manage schedules and plans in line with production and customer requirements, managing our ERP system (Globe) and have an attitude for continuous improvement.
Additional responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
- Contribute to a safe workplace, reporting all risks, hazards, and near misses
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and fleet presentation is attained by freight providers
- Co-ordinate and manage monthly Stocktakes in-line with company protocols
- Manage bulk credits, returns and claims
- manage service and repairs of forklift fleet
- Actively participate in the development of cost reduction initiatives; effective scheduling and managing communications with all stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have proven experience as a Warehouse Supervisor in a similar environment (5yrs++), exceptional communication skills, superior prioritisation skills and proven leadership experience; with a strong understanding on how to motivate their team to achieve results and meet business requirements. You will also have:
- SAP experience
- Freight Management
- COR working knowledge
- Certificate 4 in Warehousing and Distribution
- Intermediate Excel skills
- and strong negotiation skills
We can offer you a great team environment, genuine career opportunities and competitive remuneration.