HSE Business Partner | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Oct-2018|
HSE Business Partner – Tip Top Chullora
George Weston Foods makes some of Australia & New Zealand's favourite and most innovative products, living our core purpose 'to delight people everyday with food they love'. GWF employs more than 6,500 people across 60 sites and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc. GWF's product range is diverse, and includes leading brands of bread and baked products, small goods, flour, milled products, animal feed, as well as cleaning and hygiene solutions.
Tip Top® is Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products, producing a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Tip Top The One, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery in Australia, and Tip Top Bakery SuperSoft, Big Ben and Ploughman's Bakery in New Zealand.
At Tip Top our Number One value is Safety. We are currently seeking to appoint a passionate and driven Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Business Partner to support our Chullora site, reporting to the Health, Safety & Environment Manager – Northern and Eastern Region.The successful candidate will be accountable for Tip Top data reporting, analytics and insight as well as coordination of safety programs and HSE team development across ANZ through the Tip Top HSE team Community of Practice.
The HSE Business Partner works collaboratively with the site to provide technical and practical HSE advice and coaching to establish and maintain a safety culture focused on risk reduction/management, injury prevention and continual improvement. This role makes sure all HSE state legislation and other regulations are complied with, ensuring processes and standards are built consistently and high levels of system integrity are achieved through regular site auditing to support the Self Insurance initiative.
The role is also responsible for contributing to the successful roll out of the Safety for Everyone, Everyday program, facilitation of risk reduction training programs, Worker's Compensation and Return to Work plans as appropriate.
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with the site to provide technical and practical HSE advice and coaching to establish and maintain a safety culture focused on risk reduction/management, injury prevention and continual improvement.
- Ensuring all HSE state legislation and other regulations are complied with, ensuring processes and standards are built consistently and high levels of system integrity are achieved through regular site auditing to support the Self Insurance initiative
- Facilitate training programs in line with the Safety for Everyone which includes, Incident and Investigation Management; Personal Protective Equipment – PPE; Safe Handling and Dust Awareness
- Provide expert advice and support to leaders with workers compensation and return to work (RTW) plans, taking responsibility for claims files and reviews, RTW plans and related communications
- Conduct regular analysis against targets in areas of premium performance, claims and injury management - identifying blockers, opportunities and other influencing factors, with recommendations for site leaders to address patterns and performance against targets
- Partnering with site leadership teams to prepare for the HSE audit; provide recommendations and drive ownership for the site action plan; support the leadership team to close out corrective actions.
The successful applicant for this role will possess the following:
- Diploma in Health and Safety and at least 4-5 years' experience within a HSE Environment
- Advanced understanding of safety data trends and providing effective advice on data analytics
- Ability to interpret legislation, regulations and guidelines and make practical and commercial recommendations to the site are critical to adding value in the role
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety.
We are passionate about our brand, our people and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply' button
Alternatively, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org