Financial Accountant - Business and Technology Services | Sydney
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2018|
George Weston Foods (GWF) is one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers, a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc (ABF), one of the world leading food companies. GWF's product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, smallgoods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF's four business units include: Tip Top, Don, MAURI and Jasol.
Operating across many growth markets, GWF is in a prime position to leverage its diverse range of businesses. To extract maximum value, these ambitious plans require significant uplift in leadership and organisational capabilities, underpinned by a high performance culture.
GWF are currently seeking a Financial Accountant – Business and Technology Services to support various departments across Corporate and Business/Technology Services (BTS) in this 12 month fixed term contract.
In this role you will:
- Support quarterly forecast and annual operating plans/budget processes (P&L, Balance sheet and Capex)
- Support the month end process for BTS, corporate cost centres and related parties
- Review/calculate/post standing entries, expense prepayments and accrual entries as required and prepare key corporate controller (reporting) packs at month-end
- Review of tax sensitive accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Support toe Managers on various projects/initiatives
- Assist the settlement of intercompany
You will bring:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or similar discipline with a CPA or CA Qualification
- 3+ years post qualification financial accounting experience in a similar role
- Detailed SAP experience and advanced Excel highly regarded
- Experience as a team player who collaborates well in order to improve partnership with the business, takes responsibility for delivery on promises, shares information
- The ability to organise own time effectively, quickly able to identify what will help or hinder goal achievement, put plans in place to eliminate roadblocks
- Analytical thinker with inquisitive mind, asks questions & seeks input, anticipates & manages risk well
- Effective communication skills and you are someone who proactively seeks stakeholder views, communicates with all stakeholders in a timely manner
- A high attention to detail
- Continuous improvement mindset and you are a person who seeks opportunities for personal growth & continual learning, willing to re-engineer processes to achieve a more efficient or considered outcome, maintains focus & changes own priorities to meet changed circumstances
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site-specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you. We have a welcoming team environment, modern offices and free products daily
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button.