Credit Collections Business Partner | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Aug-2018|
At George Weston foods, we aim to delight people every day with the simple pleasure of good food! GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers, employing around 8000 employees in over 50 sites. With a proud history of growth fuelled by both acquisition and an entrepreneurial spirit, we produce some of Australia and New Zealand's best loved brands.
The Business & Technology Services (BTS) department is seeking a Credit Collections Business Partner (BP) who will be dedicated to our vision of enabling our businesses to do what they do best. Reporting to the Credit Manager, the Credit Collections BP plays a key role in the Accounts Receivable Leadership team. This person will be relied upon for their ability to drive the effective management and control of the receivables and trade spend processes for all Business Units under the GWF banner.
The Credit Collections BP will be relied upon to ensure a focus on productivity and efficiency. A continuous improvement mindset and LEAN approach to exploring and leveraging the latest technology will allow for an effective review and uplift of the trade spend processes and systems.
The Credit Collections Team are accountable for monitoring the risk & exposure relating to unpaid debt on our customer accounts. A key focus is the reduction of potential credit risk exposure to the business by recommending and executing appropriate policies. This role works with the business units to deliver consistency across all businesses, with a focus on increasing working capital through tighter management of our customers, and supporting technical changes and process improvements for teams across Accounts Receivable. This role is also responsible for delivering appropriate reporting to both internal and external business stakeholders
As a Manager, this role will play a critical part in leading a high performing team and focusing on employee engagement in particular within the Accounts Receivable & Trade Spend Team.
This role will also continue to drive a strong compliance focus, and ensure controls and processes are in accordance with the ABF financial control framework.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include (but not limited to):
- As a Manager, this person will be expected to role model the fundamentals of our ‘GWF alignment model' and support the team to achieve delivery targets, strategic goals and build team engagement
- Communicate a vision and purpose that inspires the AR Team to drive the purpose of ‘Let's make it easy'
- Engage, inspire and motivate the team to enable a collective culture where employees feel highly engaged, can be innovative and are empowered to drive decisions through to key outcomes
- Manage a team of 8+ employees ensuring team alignment clarity on their role in delivering the BTS Strategy House with Goals, Objectives, Performance Plans and Conversations in play
- Set the daily operating rhythm of the team with visible KPIs and manage service level agreements and overall team performance
- Ensure Team ownership of the AR ledgers, credit limit reviews and AR control across all GWF
- Manage the trade spend clearing function for all GWF businesses, credit control, bad and doubtful debt, monthly ledger reviews
- Develop and build successful relationships with internal and external key stakeholders and customers
- Ensure compliance with the GWF's Policies and Procedures
- Drive high compliance with ABF Redbook/Control Framework
- Actively support internal and external audit reviews compliant with ABF framework
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- 5 + years Accounts Receivable and Trade Spend Management Experience
- Credit Risk Management Skills to be able to make solid credit decisions based on previous experience in a high volume fast paced environment
- Proven experience of successfully building relationships with and managing senior key stakeholders
- Advanced SAP System experience is mandatory in this role as you will be leading the technical changes for Accounts Receivable and Trade Spend
- Qualification in Business / Accounting is desirable