Storeperson | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Aug-2018|
At MAURI, we are genuinely excited by the role baking plays in our food culture. As an integral part of the George Weston Foods group, we are passionate about all things made with high quality flours, yeasts, pre-mixes and improvers and also have a dedicated animal nutrition and feeds team. As a leading industry supplier we mill over one million tonnes of grain across 14 sites in Australia and New Zealand. We maintain a strong focus on innovation and insights and align closely with our customers that create the products enjoyed by millions of consumers each day as they connect and share with each other. If you share our passion for food and baking, MAURI can develop your career in this diverse, dynamic and vibrant industry.
MAURI is currently looking to employ a Forklift Operator at their Enfield site for a full time position Key to the Supply Chain element, you will be responsible for timely picking and putting away of products as well as loading and unloading of trucks. This role would suit someone with ambition and the desire for career progression.
Reporting to the Warehouse & Distribution supervisor your key responsibilities will include;
- Previous experience working as a Forklift Operator in a FMCG warehouse environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced food production environment
- Contribute to a safe workplace, reporting all risks, hazards, hits and near misses while ensuring that all third party suppliers comply with company polices
- Sound knowledge of Chain of Responsibility
- Good working knowledge of how to safely operate manual and computer based systems
- Experience operating forklifts in a Food or Beverage environment
- Able to follow strict safety policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills that ensure that you can communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
The successful applicant for this role will possess the following:
- Current forklift drivers licence
- Team player attitude with the ability to be proactive and work autonomously
- Ability to work well under pressure in a demanding production environment
- A working knowledge of computerised systems
- Great literacy and numeracy skills
- First Aid Certificate desirable
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button.