Supplier Assurance Coordinator | Sydney
|Category:||Science - Food Tech|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2018|
At MAURI, we are all about ‘baking better together' and are genuinely excited by the role baking plays in our food culture. As an integral part of the George Weston Foods group, we are passionate about all things made with high quality flours, yeasts, pre-mixes, improvers and grains, milling over one million tonnes of grain across 14 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With a strong focus on innovation and insights, we align closely with our customers that create the products enjoyed by millions of consumers each day as they connect and share with each other. If you share our passion for food and baking, MAURI can develop your career in this diverse, dynamic and vibrant industry
MAURI is currently seeking a Supplier Assurance Coordinator on a fixed term 12 month contract for 2 days a week (preferably Thursday/Friday). The primary purpose of this position is to ensure our product quality and food safety standards are adhered via our supplier management process. Mauri is based at our Enfield production site.
Supporting the Quality Systems and Supplier Assurance Manager, your core responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and continuously improving existing corporate quality systems and procedures related to our suppliers
- Supporting our sites by creating and maintaining corporate procedures related to supplier assurance
- Leading the supplier assurance program and auditing suppliers and utilising suitable metrics such as risk analysis to understand and improve quality and food safety compliance of MAURI suppliers
- Management of supplier assurance initiatives to ensure that KPI data are met and to facilitate continuous improvement
- Maintaining our supplier assurance systems – ensuring accurate and up to date documentation for corporate and respective site quality processes.
This role will suit candidates who possess:
- Tertiary qualification in food technology or science or formal qualifications in food safety auditing
- Knowledge of Food Manufacturing and Food Science
- Knowledge of Certification standards such as GFSI and customer standards
- Food safety standards' framework and regulatory affairs knowledge
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you.