Senior Tax Accountant | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Aug-2018|
George Weston Foods (GWF) makes some of Australia & New Zealand's favourite & most innovative products, living our core purpose ‘to delight people every day with the food they love!'
We are one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers employing over 6000 people across 60 sites. Our product range is diverse & includes leading brands such as Tip Top, Sunblest, Abbotts Village Bakery, Golden, DON, KR Castlemaine, as well as flour, milled products, animal feed and cleaning & hygiene solutions.
About the Role:
As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for the preparation and co-ordination of the accurate and timely lodgement of all statutory tax returns - income tax, FBT, GST, payroll tax and land tax – for GWF AU and NZ and related Associated British Foods Australian companies. The role will also involve supporting the Tax Manager in providing timely and effective tax advice and training to all levels of management. Additionally, the Senior Tax Accountant will assist in the preparation of quarterly tax provision forecasts, annual budget and year-end tax provision calculation.
Key aspects of the role include (but not limited) to the following:
- Advising different divisions and entities on the impact of new and changed legislation and ATO rulings & determinations
- Providing training materials and conduct regular training sessions
- Assisting in tax planning, technical analysis and continuous improvement to the process of tax compliance and reporting. Conduct regular tax sensitive account review and tax fixed asset register review to ensure accurate capitalisation, reporting and coding
- Responding in a timely basis to tax queries raised by the business
- Co-ordinating the preparation of accurate statutory returns including group consolidated tax return, business activity statements (BAS), Instalment Activity Statements (IAS), FBT returns, monthly payroll tax returns and land tax for submission to the ATO and State Revenue Offices by the due dates
- Co-ordinating tax payments including tax instalments, Payroll Tax, Withholding Tax and Land Tax
- Preparing quarterly tax provision forecasts, annual budget and year-end tax provision calculations
- Encouraging and fostering a culture of “getting things right the first time” to avoid non-value adding activity
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- At least four years professional experience in Chartered and Corporate roles, of which at least two years spent in a similar role within a Corporate Tax environment
- CA / CPA Qualifications along with a Commerce/Accounting Degree
- Demonstrated ability to think analytical and problem-solving skills to support the team when system issues arise - required to make quick decisions, and put clear actions into place to proactively address problems on a daily basis
- Effective communication and relationship skills are required to interact with all parts of the business /suppliers/internal stakeholders on a frequent basis to deliver business outcomes
What's on offer at GWF:
- Attractive remuneration package + bonus scheme for eligible employees
- Income protection insurance through our default GWF Super fund, discounted Health Insurance with CBHS, access to novated leasing, study assistance and paid maternity & paternity leave for eligible employees
- Company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture and values, as well as our number one priority – safety
Sound like a good fit? Apply now.. We'd love to hear from you!