Group Financial Reporting Accountant | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2018|
George Weston Foods makes some of Australia & New Zealand's favourite & most innovative products, living our core purpose ‘to delight people every day with the food they love!'
We are one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers employing over 6000 people across 60 sites. Our product range is diverse & includes leading brands such as Tip Top, Sunblest, Abbotts Village Bakery, Golden, DON, KR Castlemaine, as well as flour, milled products, animal feed and cleaning & hygiene solutions.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced Group Financial Reporting Accountant who will be responsible for timely and accurate GWF internal management reporting, ABF controller reporting and external statutory reporting, and are the point of reference for technical accounting issues in the group.
Key aspects of the role include (but not limited) to the following:
- Manage month end planning, closing process, consolidation and financial reporting.
- Support the statutory reporting & forecasting for Corporate & Associates
- Provide support to the Group Finance department in other areas as required – e.g. ad hoc analysis, projects and presentations
- Prepare trend analysis and provide insights on revenues, expenditures and earnings for management discussion
- Implement, maintain and monitor enhancements to the current financial systems and procedures. Liaise with BI team and systems users to inform of updates and best practice
- Producing consolidated accounts of the mechanics of multi-currency group consolidations
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- CA / CPA Qualifications along with a Commerce/Accounting Degree
- Demonstrated ability to think analytical and problem-solving skills to support the team when system issues arise - required to make quick decisions, and put clear actions into place to proactively address problems on a daily basis
- Effective communication and relationship skills are required to interact with all parts of the business /suppliers/internal stakeholders on a frequent basis to deliver business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to mix professionally and build effective relationships at all levels internally and externally
What's on offer at GWF:
- Attractive remuneration package + bonus scheme for eligible employees
- Income protection insurance through our default GWF Super fund, discounted Health Insurance with CBHS, access to novated leasing, study assistance and paid maternity & paternity leave for eligible employees
- Company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture and values, as well as our number one priority – safety
Sound like a good fit? Apply now.. We'd love to hear from you!