Environmental and Sustainability Consultant | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jul-2018|
George Weston Foods makes some of Australia & New Zealand's favourite & most innovative products, living our core purpose ‘to delight people every day with the food they love!'
We are one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers employing over 6000 people across 60 sites. Our product range is diverse & includes leading brands such as Tip Top, Sunblest, Abbotts Village Bakery, Golden, DON, KR Castlemaine, as well as flour, milled products, animal feed and cleaning & hygiene solutions.
GWF is a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc, a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £15.4bn, 133,000 employees and operations in 50 countries around the world.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Group Environment Manager, the Environmental and Sustainability Consultant works with our site leadership teams and other key stakeholders to influence and implement Environmental requirements and initiatives within the GWF business. While based at GWF's head office at North Ryde in Sydney, the role retains formal responsibilities to support our New Zealand facilities and will require periodic travel to GWF Business Unit locations in New Zealand.
Key aspects of the role include (but not limited) to the following:
The Environmental and Sustainability Consultant works collaboratively with GWF Business Units and their sites to provide technical and practical advice and coaching to establish and maintain a culture focused on environmental impact & risk reduction/management, resource efficiency and continual improvement. This role makes sure environmental legislation and other regulations across all levels of Government are complied with, ensuring processes and standards are built consistently, and that due diligence can be demonstrated through periodic site auditing to provide suitable assurance. Key aspects include:
- Database management
- Internal & external reporting and performance monitoring
- Environmental management system implementation/integration
- Successful roll out of training, awareness & communication programmes
- Engagement with all relevant internal & external stakeholders including Government, Community etc.
- Identification, investigation and execution of commercially beneficial environmental projects with potential to innovate, reduce environmental risk/impact and improve business sustainability through better resource use
- Corporate responsibility and development of a more sustainable supply chain
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- Degree qualifications (Environment or related)
- Auditor and Energy Management Certification
- Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment or Train the Trainer
- A working knowledge of relevant environmental legislation and issues
What's on offer at GWF:
- Attractive remuneration package + bonus scheme for eligible employees
- Income protection insurance through our default GWF Super fund, discounted Health Insurance with CBHS, access to novated leasing, study assistance and paid maternity & paternity leave for eligible employees
- Company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture and values, as well as our number one priority – safety
Sound like a good fit? Apply now.. We'd love to hear from you!