Production Supervisor Ermington | Sydney
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jul-2018|
Tip Top is a business division of GWF. Our 4,500 people work in a broad range of marketing, sales, operations, finance and human resources positions across Australia and New Zealand.
Tip Top is Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products, producing a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Tip Top The One, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery in Australia, and Tip Top Bakery SuperSoft, Big Ben and Ploughman's Bakery in New Zealand.
Our aim is to delight people every day with the food they love and we need your help!
Do you want to step into a leadership role as Production Supervisor? An opportunity exists to join Tip Top in a lead role within the Tip Top production facility at Ermington. The ideal candidate will have sound technical skills in frying from a previous role in engineering or production.
The primary purpose of is to ensure production and products are made within specification in a safe, efficient manner utilising optimal levels of human resource and materials and minimising waste.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and leading the production team to ensure efficient, successful and safe operation of product
- Plan and organise work so that all resources are efficiently utilised, standards are maintained and tasks are completed as scheduled
- Manage roster teams and material resources to meet production targets
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organise necessary interventions for improvement
- Assess project and resource requirements and determine and implement improvements to the production process
- Organise the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
- Provide constructive leadership, build a team of accountable people who can deliver the business goals
- Use your technical frying skills to take on a key site leadership role in project work.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment that does not tolerate unsafe behaviours or acts
- Champion the GWF behaviours every day
This is a fast paced and dynamic role requiring excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships across the business.
You are looking to step up into a Leader role and further develop your Operational and leadership skills within a market leading company. You must have a demonstrable history of ‘Work Safe' practice and open to work within a 24/6 production environment.
At GWF, we value accountability, ambition, and collaboration. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best'.
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you.
Applicants for this position are required to undertake pre-employment screening tests.