Maintenance Electrician/Fitter | QLD-Regional
|Engineering and Maintenance
|Permanent Full Time
|No File Attached
|Application Close Date:
Maintenance Fitter - Food Manufacturing
Tip Top Townsville
- This position is for day shift 8:30 to 17:00 Monday-Friday with on call roster.
- Very competitive remuneration for work in town plus on-call and call-in allowance!
- Opportunity for personal development!
An exciting opportunity exists for a Maintenance Fitter to support the Tip Top Townsville Maintenance Team. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring high quality maintenance services are provided to plant and equipment.
Purpose of the Role
- Routine maintenance and inspection through computerised maintenance systems.
- Focus on Predictive maintenance to achieve high reliability, currently above 99%.
- Managing electrical and mechanical breakdown repairs and carrying out repairs in a safe manner.
- Conducting root cause analysis on failures and ensuring follow up on identified actions, focusing on elimination.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with plant and machinery that may be mechanical or electrical in nature.
- Involvement in projects, upgrades, design, improvements, spare parts management, purchasing, contractor management.
- Working with suppliers to ensure adequate spare parts are kept on site.
Current and Planned Projects
- Conveyors upgrade.
- Planned process control electrical boards redesign and upgrade.
- Building management system design and implementation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Australian electrical trade qualified with current electrical license.
- Electrical background with proven experience in an FMCG industry will be highly regarded.
- PLC, SCADA, HMI experience preferable.
- Software experience using Rockwell preferable.
- Experience in Pneumatic systems.
- Exposure to MEX or similar computerised maintenance management system.
- Mechanically minded.
- Analytical thinking and inquisitive.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn and grow in other fields than electrical or mechanical.
- Willig to complete tasks out of trade scope.
- Willing to attend to all types of site management related tasks, from garden sprinkles to PLC to capital proposition.
What We Can Offer
- Free daily product to take home!
- Freedom to identify and implement initiatives to further improve equipment and processes.
- Favourable maintenance budget to make a difference.
- All required tools and equipment for quality work available on site (ie. Position tools, Laptop, tablet phone).
- Collaborative team with highest engagement in the business.
- High percentage of long-term employees.
- Self-motivated team with high ambition.
We are Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products. Chances are that one of our iconic brands is sitting on your table, packed in your lunchbox or resting in your pantry right now, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel.
Join the team and be part of one of our iconic brands like Tip Top, Abbotts Bakery, Bürgen and Golden.
Working with Tip Top, we offer many benefits including:
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Employee Recognition Program.
- Inclusion & Diversity initiatives.
- Study Assistance.
- Learning & Development courses and programs for your career.
- Novated Lease.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid volunteer days.
- Employee discounts on Dell & Microsoft products.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button.
During the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening tests which include a criminal record check.
At Tip Top we strive to create a place where Everyone belongs, Everyone is valued, and Everyone has equal opportunity.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures - including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
So we can get to know you in the best possible way, we're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs. Let us know your needs in providing a positive, barrier-free recruitment process via phone on 02 9168 4260 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org