Maintenance Fitter | QLD-Regional
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Jul-2022|
- Work for an iconic brand within food manufacturing with a love for all things bread!
- Career and development opportunities at our Townsville site
- Be an integral part of the success of our site with attractive bonus scheme
- All tools provided to support the success in your role
The Maintenance team is pivotal to providing high quality maintenance services to the Townsville site.
You will be responsible for ensuring critical plant reliability and availability and support consistent optimisation of our branded product to our customers.
This position is a weekday shift in accordance with the current Engineering roster with On-Call rotation.
Purpose of the Role
- Support production and site activities to optimise productivity and minimise downtime
- Emergency breakdown repairs.
- Reporting all hazards, incidents and injuries
- Participating in and adhering to all HSE policies, procedures and activities in order to work safely and take reasonable care so as not to expose themselves or others to risk of injury.
- Services machinery and plant according to agreed schedules and work orders.
- Ensure food safety, legality and quality requirements are adhered to
The ideal candidate will have:
- Trade qualified Fitter
- Experience working in FMCG environment
- Working knowledge and experience in pneumatic systems
- Significant experience in mechanical fault finding
- Substantial post trade experience as a Maintenance Fitter
- Working at Heights licence, EWP desirable but not essential
We are Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products. Chances are that one of our iconic brands is sitting on your table, packed in your lunchbox or resting in your pantry right now, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel.
Join the team and be part of one of our iconic brands like Tip Top, Abbotts Bakery, Bürgen and Golden.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button or please feel free to contact Manuri Ranasinghe on email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
During the recruitment process you may be required to complete our pre-employment screening tests including a medical check with a drug and alcohol test and a criminal record check.
GWF has a duty of care and a legal responsibility to promote, monitor and maintain a safe working environment for the protection of all of our people in our workplaces. As per our GWF Workplace COVID-19 Safety and Vaccination Policy we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless exempt in accordance with our policy.