Mechanical Technician | Perth
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Dec-2018|
At MAURI, we are genuinely excited by the role baking plays in our food culture. As an integral part of the George Weston Foods group, we are passionate about all things made with high quality flours, yeasts, pre-mixes and improvers and also have a dedicated animal nutrition and feeds team. As a leading industry supplier we mill over one million tonnes of grain across 14 sites in Australia and New Zealand. We maintain a strong focus on innovation and insights and align closely with our customers that create the products enjoyed by millions of consumers each day as they connect and share with each other. If you share our passion for food and baking, MAURI can develop your career in this diverse, dynamic and vibrant industry.
MAURI is currently looking to employ a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to be part of the Maintenance Team at our Bentley Animal Feed Mill. This is an excellent opportunity to build on your current skillset and build a career within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for carrying out daily servicing, repairs and maintenance as scheduled and planned for the shift
- Enter history, book hours and close out work orders on the MEX computerised maintenance management system
- Be involved in the day to day maintenance, plant improvement and projects to improve plant availability and efficiency
- Timely response to breakdown calls during the shift, using high level fault finding skills to evaluate the cause of the breakdown and implement the best solution
- Carrying out minor fabrication and machining work
- Working safely by having a proactive safety attitude in all thoughts and action whilst adhering to all GWF safety procedures and Government Regulations
The successful applicant for this role will possess the following:
- Recognised Trade Qualification as Mechanical Fitter with prior experience
- Restricted Electrical Licence would be highly desirable
- Team player attitude with the ability to be proactive and work autonomously
- Ability to work well under pressure in a demanding production environment
- A working knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems
- Able at times, to work at heights and in confined spaces
Please note that this is a shift position working 12 hour shifts on a 3 week rotation. This rotation includes Saturday day shifts and some Sunday night shifts.
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site specific inductions with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button.