Quality Assurance / Health Safety & Environment Partner | NSW-Regional
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2018|
Tip Top is a business division of GWF. Our 4,000 people work in a broad range of marketing, sales, operations, finance and human resources positions across Australia and New Zealand.
Tip Top® is Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products, producing a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Tip Top The One, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery in Australia, and Tip Top Bakery SuperSoft, Big Ben and Ploughman's Bakery in New Zealand.
Tip Top is currently seeking applications for a Quality Assurance / Health Safety & Environment Partner for our newest site at Charmhaven. Reporting primarily to the Regional Quality and Compliance Manager – Northern / Eastern Region and the Health Safety & Environment Manager - Northern & Eastern Region, this role facilitates implementation of site specific Quality and HSE initiatives for the Charmhaven site. Safety and Quality are two key values at Tip Top so the Quality/HSE Partner will work collaboratively with the team to provide technical and practical Food Safety/Quality and HSE advice and coaching.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Champion compliance across the site(s) for HSE and Workers Compensation Acts, legislation and regulation, codes of practice and applicable Australian and New Zealand standards
- Maintaining systems and processes that facilitate manufacture of product that is safe for consumption, legally compliant and to specification
- Maintaining a safety culture focused on risk reduction/management, injury prevention, continual improvement and regulatory compliance
- Ensuring all required internal and external compliance
- Contributing to the successful roll out of the Safety for Everyone, Everyday program
- Facilitation of risk reduction training programs, Worker's Compensation and Return to Work plans as appropriate
- Tracking and reporting on key metrics, targets and actions taken to ensure targets achieved
- Provide support to team for certification audits, conducting pre-audits, contamination incidents/recalls and consumer escalated incidents
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualifications or Post Graduate level in related Food Science, Microbiology or Equivalent
- Lead Auditor certification or Certificate 4 in training and assessment or Train the Trainer (desirable)
- Detailed knowledge of food manufacturing process /industry
- Food industry experience (ideally 3+ years)
- Track record of successful implementation of Quality Management Systems and equivalent
- Discipline in Food Safety, Quality Management (BRC/SQF, Coles, WQA, YUM, HACCP, Hungry Jack's Standards and equivalents). Conversant to industry standards/requirements and conversant with Regulatory Bodies (Health Authorities – State/National etc)
- 4-5 years' experience in a HSE role with demonstrated leadership and technical skills to promote improvement in safety culture and sustainability at sites
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site-specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you. We have a welcoming team environment, brand new site, free onsite parking and free products daily.