Maintenance Fitter | Capalaba | Brisbane
|Engineering and Maintenance
|Permanent Full Time
|No File Attached
|Application Close Date:
- Career and development opportunities within the GWF Business
- Attractive salary + overtime and eligibility for annual bonus
- Free product to take home daily!
- 12-hour rotating shifts
- Excellent work culture
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Fitter to join our Capalaba Reliability team. In this role you will be responsible for daily machine troubleshooting, preventive maintenance work orders and schedules, working closely with our other site Electricians, Fitters and production teams to achieve high levels of plant optimisation, and ensuring all relevant and required documentation is completed.
This position will require you to be on a 12-hour rotating shift in accordance with the current Engineering roster.
Purpose of the Role
- Routine maintenance and inspection through computerised maintenance systems
- Attend to repairs and breakdowns of production machinery
- Conducting root cause analysis on failures and ensuring follow up on identified actions
- Ensure the correct operation of machines and minimise downtime, including reactive breakdowns and scheduled preventative maintenance
- Participating in and adhering to all HSE policies, procedures and activities in order to work safely and take reasonable care so as not to expose themselves or others to risk of injury
- Services machinery and plant according to agreed schedules and work orders
- Ensure food safety, legality and quality requirements are adhered to
The ideal candidate will have:
- Trade qualified Fitter
- Experience in an FMCG industry will be highly regarded
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to support the team when system issues arise - required to make quick decisions, and put clear actions into place to proactively address problems daily
- Working knowledge and experience in pneumatic systems
- Significant experience in mechanical fault finding
- Working at Heights licence, EWP desirable but not essential
- Experience Tig welding would be highly desirable
- Exposure in MEX computerised maintenance management system will be advantageous
- Positive in nature and have the ability to work within a small team
We are Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products. Chances are that one of our iconic brands is sitting on your table, packed in your lunchbox or resting in your pantry right now, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel.
Join the team and be part of one of our iconic brands like Tip Top, Abbotts Bakery, Bürgen and Golden.
Working with Tip Top, we offer many benefits including:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Recognition Program
- Access to benefits and discounts at hundreds of retailers across ANZ
- Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Study Assistance
- Learning & Development courses and programs for your career
- Novated Lease
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Paid volunteer days
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button
During the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening tests which include a criminal record check.
At Tip Top we strive to create a place where Everyone belongs, Everyone is valued, and Everyone has equal opportunity.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
So we can get to know you in the best possible way, we're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs. Let us know your needs in providing a positive, barrier-free recruitment process via phone on 02 9168 4260 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org