Shift Miller, Moorooka | Brisbane
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Oct-2018|
At MAURI, we are all about ‘baking better together' and are genuinely excited by the role baking plays in our food culture. As an integral part of the George Weston Foods group, we are passionate about all things made with high quality flours, yeasts, pre-mixes, improvers and grains, milling over one million tonnes of grain across 14 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With a strong focus on innovation and insights, we align closely with our customers that create the products enjoyed by millions of consumers each day as they connect and share with each other. If you share our passion for food and baking, MAURI can develop your career in this diverse, dynamic and vibrant industry.
We are looking for Shift Miller with experience in food production, to oversee all operations associated with the effective running of the flour mill in Moorooka (Brisbane), including milling, packing, and any associated processes. The Shift Miller is a senior operative at the mill and is engaged with the operation of a complex production process.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager your primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all milling, wheat and Packing Hall functions are safely carried out, delivering on customer quality compliance and delivery and ensuring the business operates in a cost effective & timely manner
- Monitoring of the shift milling operation for optimal performance, meeting productivity standards and the continuous efficiency of equipment whilst maintain a customer focus and ensuring all products are in specification
- Ensure cleaning and maintenance programs for all site mill equipment
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment which complies with all company policies and procedures
To be successful in this position you will be required to have the following:
- NABIM Milling Certificate or any equivalent qualification is essential
- Proven experience leading a team and coordinating work flow, prioritising tasks and motivating other team members to meet high performance standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer focused attitude
- Knowledge of food safety systems (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (BRC) would be an advantage
- Strong commitment to a safe working environment
- Able to lead and work as part of a team across departments
- Effective communication and relationship skills are essential
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button.