HSE Business Partner | Brisbane
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jul-2018|
Iconic bakery brand Tip Top is seeking an experienced HSE Business Partner
Tip Top® is part of the George Weston Foods Limited group of companies. George Weston Foods entered the Australian market after World War 2 with the acquisition and amalgamation of several small bakeries south east Australia. Tip Top® proudly produces a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes. Tip Top® products are available in both Australia & New Zealand. In the past 50 years we've developed some much-loved household brand names including Tip Top®, Sunblest®, The One® and 9Grain™.
With such a proud heritage, it will come as no surprise to know that SAFETY is our Number One value. We want our people to go home safe every day.
The role as Health Safety & Environment (HSE) Business Partner is responsible for supporting two key manufacturing sites located at Springwood and Carrara. This is a critical role for an experienced HSE professional possessing excellent technical knowledge, ability to derive credible insights from HSE data, implement safety improvement programs for good safe outcomes for our people. Do you want to join our team?
As HSE Business Partner you will work collaboratively with the site to provide technical and practical HSE advice and coaching to establish and maintain a safety culture focused on risk reduction/management, injury prevention and continual improvement. This role is to ensure all HSE state legislation and other regulations are complied with, ensuring processes and standards are built consistently and high levels of system integrity are achieved through regular site auditing to support the Self Insurance initiative.
You will contribute to the successful roll out of the Safety for Everyone, Everyday program, facilitation of risk reduction training programs, Worker's Compensation and Return to Work plans as appropriate.
Core responsibilities will include :
- Work collaboratively with the site to provide technical and practical HSE advice and coaching to establish and maintain a safety culture focused on risk reduction/management, injury prevention and continual improvement.
- Ensuring all HSE state legislation and other regulations are complied with, ensuring processes and standards are built consistently and high levels of system integrity are achieved through regular site auditing to support the Self Insurance initiative
- Facilitate training programs in line with the Safety for Everyone which includes, Incident and Investigation Management; Personal Protective Equipment – PPE; Safe Handling and Dust Awareness
- Provide expert advice and support to leaders with workers compensation and return to work (RTW) plans, taking responsibility for claims files and reviews, RTW plans and related communications
- Conduct regular analysis against targets in areas of premium performance, claims and injury management - identifying blockers, opportunities and other influencing factors, with recommendations for site leaders to address patterns and performance against targets
- Partnering with site leadership teams to prepare for the HSE audit; provide recommendations and drive ownership for the site action plan; support the leadership team to close out corrective actions.
To be successful you will need:
- Diploma in Health and Safety and at least 4-5 years' experience within a HSE Environment
- Advanced understanding of safety data trends and providing effective advice on data analytics
- Ability to interpret legislation, regulations and guidelines and make practical and commercial recommendations to the site are critical to adding value in the role
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety.
We are passionate about our people and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
To apply please click the Apply button and attach your resume. For further information or confidential discussion please call Catherine Madden at GWF (02) 8093 0302