Warehouse/Forklift Operator | Brisbane
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Aug-2018|
At MAURI, we are genuinely excited by the role baking plays in our food culture. As an integral part of the George Weston Foods group, we are passionate about all things made with high quality flours, yeasts, pre-mixes and improvers and also have a dedicated animal nutrition and feeds team. As a leading industry supplier we mill over one million tonnes of grain across 14 sites in Australia and New Zealand. We maintain a strong focus on innovation and insights and align closely with our customers that create the products enjoyed by millions of consumers each day as they connect and share with each other. If you share our passion for food and baking, MAURI can develop your career in this diverse, dynamic and vibrant industry.
MAURI is currently looking to employ a Warehouse/Forklift Operator at their Moorooka site for a full time shift position. Key to the Supply Chain element of the business, the role will be responsible for timely picking and putting away of products and all other activities related to the day to day operation of the warehouse keeping in line with company OHS and quality procedures.
Reporting to the Warehouse & Distribution supervisor your key responsibilities will include;
- Operating counter balance and high reach forklift in a warehouse environment
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Despatch and receiving goods
- Picking and packing
- Preforming manual handling duties, moving stock and loading pallets
- Ability to work in a fast paced food production environment
- Contribute to a safe workplace, reporting all risks, hazards, hits and near misses while ensuring that all third party suppliers comply with company polices
- Good working knowledge of how to safely operate manual and computer based systems
- Operating forklifts in a Food environment
- Able to follow strict safety policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills that ensure you can communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
The successful applicant for this role will possess the following:
- Current forklift drivers licence
- Previous experience working as a Forklift Operator in a Food or Beverage warehouse environment
- Team player attitude with the ability to be proactive and work autonomously
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines in a demanding production environment
- A working knowledge of computerised systems
- Great literacy and numeracy skills
- Good organisational skills and a methodical approach to work
- First Aid Certificate desirable
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running – so we provide company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority – safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now' button.