Contractor Manager | Brisbane
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Jul-2018|
Contractor Manager (Transport)
Tip top is a business division of George Weston Foods (GWF). Our 4,500 people work in a broad range of food production, marketing, sales, operations, finance and human resources positions across Australia and New Zealand.
Tip Top is Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products, producing a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel.
To retain, grow and service our customers Tip Top is investing significant resources into supporting, coaching and leading our contracted driver transport network who provide a high level of service to our customers.
Reporting to the National Logistics Manager (NSW), this is a newly created position to manage, engage and partner with Tip Top contractor drivers, optimising our opportunity to delivery best to market practice.
The Contractor Manager is accountable to develop and maintain positive relations with contracted drivers and through regular contact, ensure the contract obligations and service standards are not only met but exceeded.
Your high level of account management and customer service skills are pivotal in this role. You will be required to manage a wide driver network across various regions. In addition you will be responsible for:
- Champion Safety Standards and ensure driver compliance with Company's HSE policies and procedures
- Recruit and on- board new contractors and distributors; align to National cost model and contract requirements
- Proactive contractor management – delivery against forecast and service quality
- Optimise driver route using Tip Top routing software
- Support and coach new contractor drivers to understand customer requirements and driver obligations
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in all matters relating to customer delivery issues, Tip Top Contractor relationships, payment change to contractor spend or performance issues.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills, experience and attributes.
- Previous experience demonstrating exceptional people engagement relationship building skills.
- Ability to understand, develop and balance both internal and external driver needs
- Previous experience in contract management with proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Route optimisation technology and contract manager systems
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to quickly engage with change.
- Qualifications in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or similar required.
Interested candidates please click the Apply button attaching your resume or for general enquires please call Catherine Madden at Tip Top on (02) 8093 0302