Electrician (Day Shift Electrician) | Brisbane
|Category:||Engineering and Maintenance|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Aug-2018|
Tip Top® is a division of GWF. Our 4,500 people at Tip Top® produce a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Tip Top The One, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery in Australia, and Tip Top Bakery SuperSoft, Big Ben and Ploughman's Bakery in New Zealand.
As part of a transformation program, we offer a new position recently established for a Junior Electrician, reporting to the Electrical Supervisor. This is a great opportunity for a recently qualified Electrician keen to grow their career with Tip Top and develop professionally within a world class FMCG business.
Working alongside fellow Electricians, Fitters and Machine Operators, you will contribute to the successful operations at our Springwood food manufacturing site, south of Brisbane. As part of the Maintenance Team, you will perform critical breakdown and preventive maintenance tasks and assist with improvement project work.
This is initially and primarily a day shift role, Mon-Fri, but will evolve to include some flexibility in hours (shift work), as your experience grows, to support leave cover and plant shutdown windows.
You will have the following key upskilling opportunities to challenge and develop:
- Troubleshooting emergency breakdown repairs on Plant and Equipment
- Work on continuous improvement projects both Engineering and Process Improvements
- Whilst completing tasks you will gain high level knowledge working alongside experienced maintenance team members
- You will be given the opportunity to participate in HSE activities, thereby developing your knowledge around HSE policy and procedures
- Time to attend company training to upskill your workplace knowledge
To be successful in this role, some knowledge or experience in an FMCG environment would be ideal. However, more importantly, you will have:
- A trade qualified electrical license or be in 4th year of apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of Robotics, Rockwell suite and PLC fault finding
- A proactive commitment to ensuring a safe work environment for yourself and others
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- A self-starter outlook and a team player with a "can do" attitude
At GWF, we value accountability, ambition, and collaboration. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself - at your best'.
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running - so we provide company and site specific induction with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviours as well as our number one priority - safety. We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you. Click the Apply Button now!