Graduate Control Systems Engineer - Springwood | Brisbane
|Category:||Engineering and Maintenance|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jul-2018|
Graduate Control Systems Engineer
Tip Top® is a division of GWF. Our 4,500 people at Tip Top® produce a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Tip Top The One, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery in Australia, and Tip Top Bakery SuperSoft, Big Ben and Ploughman's Bakery in New Zealand.
As part of a transformation program, we have the newly created position open for a recently established Graduate Level Control Systems Engineer. Based at our Springwood food manufacturing site, south of Brisbane, this is a great opportunity for a recently graduated engineer, who is keen to grow their career with Tip Top and to develop professionally within a world class FMCG business.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, you will be working closely with our Electrical Reliability staff and you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Troubleshooting & rectifying system malfunctions.
- Designing new & improving current systems which includes hardware specification, programming & documentation.
- Explaining & sharing working knowledge with Maintenance Staff, Operators, Supervisors and Managers.
This role will typically be day shift, Mon-Fri and will occasionally support the after-hours shift electricians in the event of a major systems failure.
You will have the following key upskilling opportunities to challenge and develop:
- Troubleshooting system malfunctions on a variety of plant & equipment
- Leading minor improvement projects & supporting the larger capital installations
- Working alongside experienced maintenance & reliability team members
- Participating in HSE activities, thereby developing your knowledge around HSE policy & procedures
- Time provided to attend company training to upskill your workplace knowledge
To be successful in this role, some knowledge or experience in the FMCG environment is desirable, however, more importantly, you will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Control Systems Engineering or similar (Mechatronics or Computer Science Engineering background suitable)
- Demonstrated knowledge or demonstrated ability to learn the following;
- PLC Programming of Allen Bradley controllers including RTU's
- VFD Programming of Allen Bradley devices
- Rockwell Suite,
- Robotics Programming,
- HMI/SCADA configuration and integration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills & the ability to build & maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- A proactive commitment to ensuring a safe work environment for yourself & others
- A self-starter outlook & a team player with a "can do" attitude
At GWF, we value accountability, ambition and collaboration. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself - at your best'.
Our aim is to ensure our people can hit the ground running - so we provide company and site-specific inductions with a focus on understanding GWF's business, culture, values and behaviour; as well as our number one priority - safety.
We are passionate about our brand and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration.
If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would love to hear from you.
Click the Apply Button now!