Maintenance Supervisor | Brisbane
|Category:||Engineering and Maintenance|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jul-2018|
GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers employing around 6,500 people across 60 sites. GWF's product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, smallgoods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF's four business units include: Tip Top, DonKRC, Mauri and Jasol.
GWF is a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc (ABF), one of the world leading food companies. ABF operates in four categories: grocery; primary food agriculture; ingredients; and retail. It has a global turnover of circa £8.2 billion with 96,000 employees and operations in Europe, North America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
Tip Top® is Australia's leading brand of quality bread and bakery products, producing a diverse range of wholesome sliced bread, gourmet bread, muffins, crumpets, bakery snacks and cakes, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel. Iconic brands include Tip Top, Tip Top The One, Bürgen, Golden and Abbott's Village Bakery in Australia, and Tip Top Bakery SuperSoft, Big Ben and Ploughman's Bakery in New Zealand. Tip Top is a division of GWF which is a leader in the production of flour, yeast and animal nutrition products. We are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to be based at the production facilty in Capalaba (Brisbane metro) Queensland.
The primary role of the Maintenance Supervisor is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. The role will encompass:
- Managing Maintenance services for operational reliability while overseeing Preventative Maintenance compliance and effectiveness.
- Developing, monitoring and ensuring timely completion of action plans both short and long term assisting Production in making operational improvements to reduce costs increasing productivity and reducing waste.
- Planning, managing and delivering R&M expenditure to budget and Site Capital projects to plan.
- Providing day-to-day leadership to the maintenance team ensuring good communication is maintained and promoting an open, flexible work environment while complying with all company policies and procedures.
- Complying with all health and safety requirements, directions an legislation and working in accordance with the company quality systems and other appropriate quality measures.
- Ensuring an effective contractor management program is implemented that complies with all GWF standards.
- Address staff performance issues as required utilising appropriate company procedures.
- Ensure food safety and quality requirements are adhered to within scope of responsibility. This will include the reporting of food safety incidents and adherence to procedures which ensure the integrity of product is maintained. Provide the leadership, structure and resources to improve safety and engagement to best in class levels
- Use Mex to prioritise, plan, schedule and co-ordinate maintenance work.
- Hands on involvement in day to day maintenance tasks.
- Manage workshop stores inventory and stock.
- Manage both R&M and Capital budgets to forecast.
- Build and maintain a strong team where attention to detail and accuracy is paramount.
To be a strong contender for this job you will need the following
- Trade certificate in Fitting or electrical, Tertiary Qualification in Engineering
- Frontline Management/Business Management Diploma
- Proven skills and track record in Preventive Maintenance
- Reliability Based Asset Management
- Demonstrable experience within manufacturing operations
- Management experience which includes financial management and project development and project management
- Advanced leadership and people skills
- Advanced leadership and people skills
- Experience working in FMCG environment, preferably food
- Substantial post trade experience
At GWF, we are passionate about our brands and live by our values, Accountability, Ambition and Collaboration, as well as our number one priority - safety. If this opportunity sounds like your ideal role, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume by clicking on the Apply button.